Tuesday 20 January 2015

Review: Paper Towns

Title: Paper Towns
Author: John Green
Genre: YA Contemporary
Year: 2008
Pages: 305

We follow Quentin, who's always been crazy in love with Margot. They haven't really been friends in the past few years, so when Margot climbs through his window, asking him to join him for a night filled with revenge, he cannot decline. The next day, Margot is not at school.


This novel was devided into parts, and usually with novels like that, I tend to dislike some parts, generally the middle one. Yet again, this was the case here. While most of the story and character development and writing was quite good, I just constantly felt it could have been better. I thorougly enjoyed most of the action, and most of the dialogue, and I find it hard to point out why exactly I didn't fully love it, but I didn't. And I guess I was disappointed, going into it with too high expectations. While I did laugh out loud at some parts, I didn't feel all the feels I guess I was supposed to feel. I felt little affection for any of the characters.

I initially rated this four stars, but I think I'll rate it 3.5 now, having thought of it for a while and deciding it just was not the best read but terribly fun anyway.


No comments:

Post a Comment